My focus as a school board member.
"If anyone knows what the students of Pinellas County need, it's someone who has been there recently, on both sides of the desk."
- Corey Givens Jr.
Increase Family Engagement & Community Partnerships
- Focus on getting a variety of representation from community civic groups, organizations, and businesses.
- Diversify participants on advisory committees, councils, and boards.
- Launch more opportunities for our youth to intern, perform community service and learn more about CIVICS!
Smart, Sustainable Spending
- Engage teachers, families, businesses, and community stakeholders, BEFORE the budget process begins.
- Implement GREEN practices that will cut energy cost and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Prioritize our needs over our wants and pay teachers what they're worth.
Stronger, Safer Neighborhood Schools
- Recruit and retain diverse, highly qualified teachers and support staff.
- Work with county officials and local municipalities to ensure our schools are protected, secured, and properly sanitized.
- Partner with neighborhood associations and social groups, to equip our schools and students with the resources they need to succeed.
- Commit to engage and inform families, educators, district personnel, and Pinellas county taxpayers on School Board actions and progress.
Motivate Families to Increase Student Potential
- Promote more outreach programs to better assist families.
- Pursue public dialog and input, in various languages and via multiple media outlets.
- Close the achievement gap & eliminate school-to-prison pipeline.